11.04.2004

And so another four years begins


Even before this most recent election, I had been noticing, especially among potentially sway-able voters, that a lot of people simply didn't understand the general Democratic Party platform, or what John Kerry's oft-mentioned plans were to improve the well-being of United States citizens and residents.

The more I read or heard statements like, "The Democrats don't have a real platform," or "Kerry's just answering to the polls, not to the people," I began to realize that one thing that plagues Democrats, as well as Republicans, is that they simply don't have a connection to John Q. Public.

That's not to say that I don't think that Democrats care about the people - on the contrary, they are a populist party, and as such they have a natural tendency to be, well, populist. Sort of the nature of left-wing politics, really.

But the party as a whole, and many of its top-flight candidates, tend to not be able to get that across. And I think that most of the party's platform in't well-explained or particularly well-defined.

So I'm creating this weblog. Really, it's just for me. It's just a way for me to put my thoughts onto paper, or something like it, and for me to have a place to ponder how to best explain what I believe that moderate-liberal politics ought to be about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home